Saturday, May 23, 2009

Marriage an Institution

Well I have been reading a lot, and right now in the process of getting hitched to someone and settle in life, though no hurry, but my stars and planets want that to happen in next few months.... I have written some posts already...

Recently I commented on Chinmayi's blog...

"Loved this....!"

*
Nice. Sorry to ask this, are you hitched already or waiting to be arranged? Celebrity, might get such questions.
*
She replies..

Raju: Quite easy is it not to say I am a celebrity so its OK for anyone to ask me question of a personal nature? :)
*
Thanks Chinmayi! You are definitely a celebrity to me.

Do you have any funny anecdotes of proposals? (a la Steffi Graff at stadium?)

I wish to marry a celebrity, and I dont know whether I have made the cut for it. ;-)
*
She replies...
Raju: Quite interesting. Now why would you want to marry a celebrity?
*
Chinmayi, I believe in destiny and like to be in limelight ( atleast I have a decent outlook on life ) and inclined astrologically. My astrologers and Nadi readings have told me that I will marry someone famous in media ( ஒளி / ஒலி துறை ), she would be from North of my hometown, and probably be 5 years younger to me, talks my mother tongue (Telugu) with having a "Chinna" (small) in her name (Nadi). So my search is on for the last 2 years (favourable period), thinking that "she" would be from IT field....

Personally I feel a girl should be standing for herself, and marriage should not bind her to things that she doesn't like. Life is all about give and take.

I also don't believe in, love at first sight or marriage made in heaven!

Hoping for the best!

*****************

Also I liked this one...

Love Vs. Marriage
  • Love is holding hands in the street; Marriage is holding arguments in the street
  • Love is dinner for 2 in your favorite restaurant; Marriage is a Chinese take-out
  • Love is cuddling on a sofa;Marriage is deciding on a sofa
  • Love is talking about having children; Marriage is talking about getting away from children;
  • Love is going to bed early;Marriage is going to sleep early
  • Love is a romantic drive; Marriage is a tarmac drive
  • Love is losing your appetite; Marriage is losing your figure
  • Love is sweet nothing in the ear; Marriage is sweet nothing in the bank
  • Love is a flickering flame; Marriage is a flickering television
  • Love is 1 drink and 2 straws;Marriage is "Don't you think you've had enough!!
In short, love is blind, marriage is an eye opener

Getting married is very much like going to a continental restaurant withfriends. You order what you want, then when you see what the other fellow has, you wish you had ordered that.At the cocktail party, one woman said to another, "Aren't you wearing yourwedding ring on the wrong finger?" The other replied, "Yes I am, I marriedthe wrong man."


Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is really finished.

Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his bachelor's degree andthe woman gets her master's.

A little boy asked his father,
"Daddy, how much does it cost to get married?"
And the father replied, "I don't know, son, I'm still paying for it."
Young Son: Is it true, Dad, I heard that in some parts of Africa a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?
Dad: That happens in most countries, son.

Then there was a man who said, "I never knew what real happiness was until I got married; and then it was too late"

A happy marriage is a matter of give and take; the husband gives and the wife takes.

When a newly married man looks happy we know why. But when a ten-yearmarried man looks happy - we wonder why.

Married life is very frustrating. In the first year of marriage, the manspeaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and theman listens. In the third year, they both speak and the neighbours listen.

After a quarrel, a wife said to her husband, "You know, I was a fool when I married you." And the husband replied, "Yes, dear, but I was in love anddidn't notice it."It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends upwith the same boss.

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds : "Wife wanted." Next day hereceived a hundred letters. They all said the same thing: "You can have mine."

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife is.

A perfect wife is one who helps the husband with the dishes.

A woman was telling her friend , "It is I who made my husband a millionaire." "And what was he before you married him." Asked the friend.The woman replied, "A multi-millionaire."

First Guy (proudly): "My wife's an angel!" Second Guy "You're lucky, mine's still alive."

A man said his credit card was stolen but he decided not to report itbecause the thief was spending less than his wife did.

A couple was having a discussion about family finances. Finally the husband exploded, "If it weren't for my money, the house wouldn't be here!" The wifereplied, "My dear, if it weren't for your money I wouldn't be here."

A husband said to his wife, "No, I don't hate your relatives. In fact, Ilike your mother-in-law better than I like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment