I was searching on the story credit for Chetan Bhagat, for his novel Five point Someone ( FPS) and alas, in true Bollywood style they have stolen his story and given a, based on Novel by credit.... ( in the end after the light boy credit! )
A book, a film and the truth
It was a decent movie, with about 50 to 70 percent of story line hacked (!) from your FPS.
Some blogger is going to do a scene by scene coverage.
You have clearly mentioned that you are not after money/fame. I hope the true credit comes from One Night @ Call center and 3 Mistakes. You are a good writer, very obviously. I dont want to comment on 2 states as it reflects Ek Duje Ke Liye.
Obviously beyond interval, it is a mix masala of typical Bollywood style with unwanted sentiments! That baby birth scene might have been flicked from a super hero ( geek ) novel, may be?
This is how Bollywood works ( right? ) and I think, you might have been more happier @ Hong Kong or elsewhere.
OK this is the change from FPS and 3Idiots.
- IIT Delhi has become Imperial College of Engineering.
- Title characters names have changed, but in same plot line.
- The Ramalingam character is also well developed ( Chamatkar, Balathkar )
- The intimate scenes with heroine ( Dept Head's daughter )
- Switch over characters for degree, Javed Jaffri @ Simla
- Wangdu as a super scientist?
- Setup of Climax in Leh, Ladak
- Like Tamil movie Varusham 16, one of the friend gets a call in the beginning after 10 years
and many more.... but someone will definitely write the essence and scene by scene coverage, comparing both!